CompTIA CASP+ (CAS-003)
Hours of learning
- Presented by highly qualified, industry leading experts
- 12 Months access
CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) is the ideal certification for technical professionals who wish to remain immersed in technology as opposed to strictly managing resources. CASP+ is the only hands-on, performance-based certification for practitioners - not managers - at the advanced skill level of cybersecurity. While cybersecurity managers help identify what cybersecurity policies and frameworks could be implemented, CASP-certified professionals figure out how to implement solutions within those policies and frameworks. The CASP+ certification validates advanced-level competency in risk management, enterprise security operations, architecture, research and collaboration, and integration of enterprise security.
- Implement cryptographic techniques.
- Use research and analysis to secure the enterprise.
- Integrate advanced authentication and authorization techniques.
- Support IT governance in the enterprise with an emphasis on managing risk.
- Implement security controls for hosts.
- Leverage collaboration tools and technology to support enterprise security.
- Implement network security.
- Implement security in the systems and software development lifecycle.
- Integrate hosts, storage, networks, applications, virtual environments, and cloud technologies in secure enterprise architecture.
- Respond to and recover from security incidents.
- Conduct security assessments.
To be fit for this advanced course, you should have at least a foundational knowledge of information security. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Knowledge of computer networking concepts and implementations, such as the TCP/IP model and configuration of routers and switches.
- Knowledge of cryptographic concepts and common implementations, such as Secure Sockets Layer/Transport Layer Security (SSL/TLS) and public key infrastructure (PKI).
- Knowledge of identity and access management (IAM) concepts and common implementations, such as authentication factors and directory services.
- Knowledge of common security technologies used to safeguard the enterprise, such as anti-malware solutions, firewalls, and VPNs.
This course is designed for IT professionals who want to acquire the technical knowledge and skills needed to conceptualize, engineer, integrate, and implement secure solutions across complex enterprise environments. The target student should aspire to apply critical thinking and judgment across a broad spectrum of security disciplines to propose and implement sustainable security solutions that map to organizational strategies, translate business needs into security requirements, analyze risk impact, and respond to security incidents.
This course is also designed for students who are seeking the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) certification and who want to prepare for Exam CAS-003. Students seeking CASP+ certification should have at least 10 years of experience in IT management, with at least 5 years of hands-on technical security experience.