CompTIA Security+ (SY0-601)
Hours of learning
- Presented by highly qualified, industry leading experts
- 12 Months access
CompTIA Security+ is a global certification that validates the baseline skills necessary to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career.
The new Security+ certification includes trends and technologies that the industry had not adopted back in 2017 when SY0-501 was launched. Keeping the rising sophisticated attacks and ever-increasing dependency on cloud and IoT into consideration.
- Assess the cybersecurity posture of an enterprise environment
- Recommend and implement appropriate cybersecurity solutions
- Monitor and secure hybrid environments
- Operate with an awareness of applicable laws and policies
- Identify, analyze and respond to cybersecurity events and incidents
- How to utilize appropriate data sources to support an investigation
- How to use mitigation techniques or controls to secure an environment
- How to compare various types of controls
CompTIA recommends CompTIA Security+ candidates have a minimum of two years of experience in IT systems administration with a focus on security and hands-on technical information security experience. It’s also recommended that candidates hold the CompTIA Network+ certification or have the equivalent networking experience.