RESTful API with Express
Hours of learning
- Presented by highly qualified, industry leading experts
- 12 Months access
In this series, we creates a RESTful API using the Express web application framework. Justin review the process of setting up a Node-based project as well as installing the Express Node module. After that, Justin discusses important concepts and processes that are key in developing a RESTful API such as creating routes that correspond to data resources, data modeling of those resources, use of middleware to make the API a little more robust, and adding a persistence layer to the API. RESTful APIs are abound when developing software, so if that sounds like something interesting to you, then join us!
- Install Node packages with npm
- Develop REST API operations with Express
- Develop callback functions to handle asynchronous events
- Perform static code analysis of the application with ESLint
- Run Mocha and Supertest unit tests on Node applications
- Debug Node applications with the Google Chrome browser with Node inspector
- Package Node applications
- Familiarity with web application architecture and REST API concepts
This course is designed for API developers who want to build REST APIs with the Node.js server runtime environment.