General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Hours of learning
- Presented by highly qualified, industry leading experts
- 12 Months access
In April of 2016, the European Commission published a data protection package to reform, modernize and harmonize European data protection law. The cornerstone of the package is the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which will replace the 1995 Data Protection Directive and, in the UK, the Data Protection Act 1998. This overview highlights the key themes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) to help organizations understand the new legal framework in the EU. It is for those who have day-to-day responsibility for data protection.
- Gain the knowledge and skills required to advise organizations how to manage personal data
- Recognise the six principles of data protection.
- Explain our lawful bases for processing personal data.
- Take appropriate action to safeguard personal data.
- Spot and report any personal data breaches.
A fundamental understanding of the GDPR and primary knowledge of the present data protection requirements.
Anyone who works with personal data.